Young Justice Advisors
Young Advisors on Criminal Justice is our flagship initiative within the criminal justice sector. The project enables young adults with lived experience of the Criminal Justice System to use their unique expertise to inform changes in policy, service design and delivery. The project was set up as a pilot in 2016, and due to its success in its first year, it has expanded since then with funding from the Barrow Cadbury Trust.
Young Advisors on Criminal Justice aims to:
- Equip young people with lived experience of the justice system to play a leadership role working with policy-makers
- Take a peer-led approach to gather and represent the views of young adults on the criminal justice system
- Produce youth-centred reports capturing the views of young adults on different themes relating to criminal justice
- Present insights and recommendations to decision-makers working on criminal justice reform
- Act as a sounding board to inform the Transition to Adulthood alliance, which is funded by the Barrow Cadbury Trust